Missing Shoyru? 🙏 Ra-men to that!
No fear, this is a simple recipe that you can make it at home. Don’t be put off by the time (about 9 hours all in all) just see it as making tea ☕️(but of chicken wings and pork bones 🍗).
I’ve got a video (20 mins!) to match that’s coming up next but here’s the recipe:
Chicken wings, pork bones (we used ribs)
A dashi (you can get this in Waitrose 😉)
Carrots, onion, garlic, ginger
Soy sauce and Mirin to finish
soy sauce, Mirin, ginger, spring onion, sugar & water
Ramen toppings (what ever you want really!):
Noodles, eggs, kimchi, bok choi, spring onions, shiitake mushroom, coriander
How to make-
Broth: -Roast chicken wings in very hot oven for 30 mins
-Heat up dashi. Add wings once ready
- Roast the pork bones for 20-30mins on each side (so almost an hour, they will be really nice and dark)
- When pork is ready, take out chicken, add the pork and simmer for 6-7 hours. - for the last hour of cooking, blacken onion and garlic in a pan and add this to the broth with carrot and ginger. -Simmer for one hour and season with soy and Mirin
- Sear pork belly in a hot frying pan so all the sides are golden brown
- In a sauce pan, combine all the other ingredients
-Submerge the pork an let it slowly cook for 1 - 1:30 hour (make sure it’s under the liquid!)
- Clean, de stalk and slice shiitake mushrooms. Fry them off in sesame oil and soy sauce
- Boil an egg for 7-8 minutes, then cool in ice or running cold water
- Cook noodles in the broth until desired texture
-Build your ramen, pour a glass of something good and SLURRP!!!
#homemade #ramen #slurp #whatwecooked #coronacooking #quarantinekitchen #restaurantfood #mealideas #foodporn #foodinspo #noodles #porkbelly #japanesefood #momofuku #oodlesofnoodles #eggporn #kimchi #recipes