Since yesterday I have been getting a few requests for the bread recipe that I made. 🍞
I came across this recipe a few years back, and I adjusted it quite a bit. The thing I love most of this recipe: it is easy!
There is also different ways you can bake this bread. The crust, density and colour. All to your own taste.
I weigh all my ingredients when it comes to baking bread. The cups can sometimes be out by quite a few ml and that has a huge impact on the outcome of your bread.
White bread recipe:
640g White bread flour
1 1/2T Sugar
1 1/2t Instant yeast
244g Room temp water
122g Room temp full cream milk
4 T Oil
T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
Try to use unbleached, GMO free flour.
You can use canola oil if you prefer a tasteless oil, otherwise you can use olive oil or a mix between the two oils.
1. Mix all of the ingredients together and let it rest on a warm place for 30 min.
2. Knead the dough for 10min (I use my kenwood mixer with the dough hook)
3. Cover it and let it rise until it double in size.
4. Knead it a bit down and place it in the greased bread pan.
5. Turn on the oven to 230 degrees C for about 20min-30min
6. Insert it into the oven and turn the temp down to 220 degrees C
7. Bake for 30-35 min, depending on how dark you would like your curst.
Now for some tips:
For cooler days and for the winter months, switch the light in the oven on (leave the oven off) and let the dough rise there. It gets nice and warm and let the dough rise faster.
If you would like to make a pot bread. Insert the dough into the greased pot (add some flour over the grease). Let it rise while your oven pre-heats. Just before inserting the dough into the oven, spray some water on the sides of the pot and close the lid. Bake for 20min, remove lid and bake another 7-12min (depending on how dark you would like the crust)
You can also put a few ice blocks in a oven proof dish on the bottom rack of the oven when you put your dough in the oven (this is when you work with a bread pan) this will ensure a delicious chewy crust.
I love it to play around with a recipe and find ways that works best for me. So happy baking everyone ❤️